Saturday, June 16, 2012

When life gives you bananas...


I seem to have been handed a great deal of things this week that are tempting me to declare myself officially bananas.  Seriously, enough is enough!  To calm my nerves and soothe my mind, I got out my apron and my recipe book. Since going bananas seemed to be a common theme in my life this week the obvious ingredient had to be...you guessed it, BANANAS!

I hope this recipe finds its way into your kitchen. It's an easy one to prepare and comes out just about perfect every time I make it. The best part is, by using only one bowl there is very little clean up!  That leaves you with more time to pour yourself a cup, grab a good book and put your feet up....well, that's the idea anyway. Good luck with that. 



One Bowl Blueberry Banana Bread

Mash 2-3 ripe bananas in a large bowl.

Add:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
Mix until combined.

Stir in:
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Add in a handful or two of blueberries and stir until blended.

*Tip: if you lightly toss your blueberries in flour before adding them, they won't sink to the bottom during baking.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope my words have helped or inspired you today. Hold on and lean in.