Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Treat Tuesday

 
    A few years ago, a co-worker and I started a tradition at work that became known as "Treat Tuesday." Needless to say, Tuesdays soon became a much looked forward to day of the week. We'd surprise each other with some sweet indulgence, often leaving a little note, and it never failed to brighten my day; both the giving and receiving.  To honour that tradition I have decided to incorporate "Treat Tuesdays" into my blog.  Each week I will post a sweet treat for you to bake up and enjoy.  It just might have you saying "Thank Goodness It's Tuesday!"
 
     As promised, here is the recipe I baked up for my favourite cookie monster. Simply follow the directions and you'll have a big batch of happiness.
 

No Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups oatmeal, blended (approx. 2 cups quick oats)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
  • Measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder
  • In a large bowl cream butter and both sugars
  • Add eggs and vanilla
  • In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and stir in oatmeal
  • Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well
  • Stir in chocolate chips
  • Roll into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets with enough room for them to expand
  • Bake @350 for 10 minutes
  • Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to wire cooling racks
 

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.