Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Welcome Autumn...


     I cannot believe that yesterday was the first day of autumn. There are so many things I love about the fall. It is my favourite season; the colours, the flavours, crisp air and cool nights.  The other day I baked up a batch of these pumpkin nutella  muffins from a recipe I found online.  They were wonderful and I highly recommend that you try them.  The recipe is very straightforward and the results are spectacular.  These are guaranteed to bring the taste and smell of fall into your kitchen. Happy baking!



You will need:
  • 3 1/3 cups all- purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • Nutella


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk together.
3.  Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined and then fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
4. Drop a  teaspoon of Nutella into each muffin tin over the pumpkin batter and use a toothpick to swirl it in.
5. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with no pumpkin batter on it (there may be some hot Nutella that sticks to the toothpick but that is fine!) 


Thanks to YourCupofCake for inspiring this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.