Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thinking Inside Of The Box...



 Friedrich Nietzche once said "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." While I recognize the wisdom in that saying, I'm finding it harder and harder to feel strong.  This has been one hell of a week. When I said that things couldn't possibly get any worse I meant it as a statement, not a challenge.

 In order to deal with all that is going on in my life I turned to my salvation - emotional baking. This time however, I wasn't in the mind set to bake from scratch. Sometimes baking from a box works just as well.  I'm not too proud to admit that I rely on convenience baking when need be.  As I've said before, I find baking therapeutic. The simple act of following the directions of a recipe occupies my mind (even one found on the back of a box). Experts say that if you find something that you enjoy doing that occupies 100% of your attention while you are engaged in it, it will make you more motivated and focused. Both of these feelings are said to promote happiness. Baking = Happiness. This, I already knew. The bonus for me is that my baking doesn't just make me happy, it also makes my friends and loved ones happy. Cheers to that ~ I could use a little more happy.

Thinking Inside Of The Box Cinnamon Streusel Muffins




You will need:

1 box of Betty Crocker Cinnabon Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Mix
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

  • Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Place paper baking cups in 12 regular size muffin cups, or grease (or spray with cooking spray) bottoms of muffin cups.
  • Stir muffin mix, milk, oil and eggs in medium bowl just until blended (batter will be lumpy).
  • Divide batter among muffin cups (each about 2/3 full).
  • Sprinkle streusel over batter in each cup and press down lightly.
  • Bake 16-21 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
  • Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
  • Cool completely before storing.
Enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.