Monday, October 1, 2012

Just Another Muffin Monday...



Monday: is it just me or do they seem to come around all too soon? On a Friday afternoon it seems like the weekend is full of potential. The next thing I know I'm standing in my kitchen cleaning up our Sunday supper dishes and making lunches for yet another Monday.   I can't help but muse over the great intentions I had in mind for my two days off from school. None the less, I was fortunate enough to spend some time in my kitchen doing some much loved fall baking.

With Monday in mind I made a batch of pumpkin spice muffins.  Mondays are very long days for me and my colleagues at school. We have classes from 9am until 8pm with a long 5 hour break in the afternoon.  These muffins will be the perfect accompaniment to all of the coffee we'll be drinking as we attempt to make it through our seemingly never ending Monday.


These Are The Days That You Wish Your Bed Was Already Made Pumpkin Spice Muffins (makes 12 muffins)

  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla

~ Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice & nutmeg.
~ Mix in 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
~ In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
~ Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until moistened and combined.
~ Using an ice cream scoop, spoon mixture into muffin tin lined with paper liners.
~ Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.

Bake @ 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.



Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.