Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Circle of Life...


       It's been just over a month since I started my new (old) job and I am thrilled to say that I am enjoying it tremendously! While some things have changed in the 10 years since I left, much has also remained the same. Imagine my surprise when I found my old mug still in the cupboard! I was delighted to learn that even the tea pot that I used so often was still there too.



     There are many familiar faces, both on staff and in the stacks. I am enjoying reconnecting with patrons and co-workers and being surrounded by books once again.  It is wonderful to feel that I have once again found my place in the working world.  The added bonus is that I now have a new venue for my baked goods!  I baked up a batch of these muffins and brought them in to work the other day. They are moist and delicious and pair perfectly with a nice hot cuppa!



Blueberry Banana Muffins

You Will Need:

1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas, (2-3 bananas)
1/4 cup applesauce
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 handfuls of blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  • Mix in eggs, bananas and applesauce
  • In a small bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine
  • Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mix
  • Stir in blueberries dusted in flour (so that they won't sink to the bottom!)


 To make a loaf of banana bread, pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes until centre is firm. Let cool before slicing.

To make 12 muffins, scoop batter into lined muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

* I sprinkled mine with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar just before baking to give them crunchy sweet topping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.